Dear Learners, Teachers and Parents of Pre-Nursery to Class II
As you know, on rare occasions our students come dressed in costumes other than their uniform to school. In a recent conversation, however, a parent pointed out that all children love fancy dress or just dressing up. The parent wished for more such opportunities. The teachers have suggested that dressing up too frequently can become boring, instead of interesting. We will, however, increase the opportunity for our young learners to wear imaginative and theme-based costumes at school, keeping a few factors in mind:
LEARNING THROUGH COSTUMES
The following factors should be the guiding principles for any fancy dress worn:
- The costume should help the student to learn something new.
- The costume should not be expensive or just for show. Recycling and innovation will be valued.
- This fancy-dress opportunity is optional. The student, however, has just two choices: (a) Wear the theme-based costume or (b) Wear uniform. Do not come in casual dress if you do not wish to wear fancy dress.
- The costume should be comfortable enough to wear all day at school and to travel by bus.
- Please prepare your ward to orally share information learnt through the costume.
AUGUST FANCY DRESS FROM PRE-NURSERY TO CLASS II
There are a few upcoming themes, just now. So, for those of you who wish to join, let us celebrate learning through costume:
Monday, 5 August: Monsoon Dress
Wednesday, 7 August: Eid Dress
Friday, 16 August: Independence Dress
Monday, 19 August: Navroz Dress
Tuesday, 27 August: Janmashtami Dress
Friday, 30 August: Sports Dress
Please join the fancy dress without consideration of religion. We wish our students to celebrate, respect and learn about all religions.